Schwinn is sponsoring the Central Cross Country Ski Association. Schwinn will receive logos on posters sent to ski shops, the organizationï¿½s Web site, newsletters & brochures, advertisements, on-site event signage, and product showcased at events. Schwinn donated popular ï¿½Pelotonï¿½ and ï¿½CXï¿½ models to the association, which will be raffled at the end of the ski season. Schwinn catalogs and collateral will be distributed at all events.
ï¿½The typical cross-country skier is also a cycling enthusiast,ï¿½ said Schwinnï¿½s Marketing and PR director, Mo Moorman. ï¿½Since theyï¿½re cross-training on road and cross-country bikes in the off-season, partnering with this group allows us to reach an influential segment of people that appreciate what Schwinn has to offer.ï¿½
Tens of thousands of Cross Country skiers in the northern Midwest U.S. and their friends and families will be exposed to Schwinn via this promotion.
ï¿½Weï¿½re happy to have Schwinn support the CXC,ï¿½ said Yuriy Gusev, Central Cross Country Ski Associationï¿½s CEO. ï¿½Schwinn is a great fit for our association and our skiers have been very impressed with the bikes theyï¿½re displaying. Weï¿½ve sold more than 200 raffle tickets in just two weeks for the bikes.ï¿½
Schwinn will receive exposure at 20 CXC Ski events from 10/15 ï¿½ 2/24 in MI, WI and MN including the popular Birkebeiner (8,000 racers) and Madisonï¿½s Capitol Square Sprints event (15k spectators).
- Tuesday Night MadNorSki races ( 6 races, 500 participants total) ï¿½ Madison, WI
- October 15th ï¿½ Monthly Madison Nordic Ski Club Meetings (5 meetings) ï¿½ 120 participants per meeting) ï¿½ Madison, WI
- Blackhawk Ski Club Bash (600 participants) ï¿½ Madison, WI
- November 18th ï¿½ November Sprints (100 participants) ï¿½ Mount Horeb, WI
- December 15 ï¿½ Junior Olympic Qualifier (300 participants) ï¿½ Ironwood, MI
- December 30 ï¿½ CXC Youth Festival (450 participants) ï¿½ Hayward, WI
- January 2-8 ï¿½ U.S. National Championships (600 participants) ï¿½ Houghton, MI
- January 12-14 ï¿½ Capitol Square Sprints (800 participants, 15,000 spectators) ï¿½ Madison, WI
- January 13-14 ï¿½ Seeley Hills Classic (1200 participants) ï¿½ Hayward, WI
- January 20-21 ï¿½ SuperTour/Junior Olympic Qualifier (600 participant) ï¿½ Grand Rapids, MN
- January 24-28 ï¿½ SuperTour/Junior Olympic Qualifier (600 participants) ï¿½ Cable, WI
- February 3-4 ï¿½ SuperTour/City Lake Loppet (2500 participants) ï¿½ Minneapolis, MN
- February 10-11 ï¿½ Mora Vasaloppet (4000 participants) ï¿½ Mora, MN
- February 17-18 ï¿½ Book Across the Bay (3000 participants) ï¿½ Ashland, WI
- February 23-24 ï¿½ American Birkebeiner (8000 participants) ï¿½ Hayward, WI (bikes will be raffled at this event)
Visit the CXC Skiing promotional tent at these events to see the bikes and learn more about the promotion. Also, visit them online at http://cxcskiing.org/
Central Cross Country Skiing (ï¿½CXC Skiingï¿½) is recognized by the United States Ski and Snowboard Association (ï¿½USSAï¿½) as the sole Regional Organization governing cross country skiing in the 10 state Central Region of the United States. CXC Skiing provides an organization which enables athletes, coaches and officials to achieve excellence in cross country skiing through: EDUCATION, COOPERATION, COMMUNICATION, and COMPETITION. CXC Skiing oversees youth programs; supports the Junior Olympic Qualifying system, Central Collegiate Ski Association, and Senior/Master skiing; provides athletesï¿½, coachesï¿½ and officialsï¿½ education; coordinates competitions; and is the Midwest pipeline to the US Ski Team. CXC is a 501c3 non profit corporation and gratefully accepts tax deductible donations for program enhancement from all sources.
Information about new Schwinn models is available at
Founded in 1895, Schwinn is an American icon and has built some of the best-known and best-loved bicycles of all time. Schwinn has been an indispensable player in revolutionizing bicycling around the world. With a continued dedication to quality, forever synonymous with the Schwinn name, Americaï¿½s most famous bicycle brand looks forward to providing another century of innovation, freedom and performance to people of all ages.