Begin your child’s love of biking with the Elm 12” balance bike! Designed to help your young one learn balance and coordination, this is the perfect stepping stone to a pedal bike. In fact, a balance bike can make transitioning to a pedal bike much easier.
The Elm features SmartStart technology, a lightweight and narrow frame, and kid-sized components to provide a comfortable fit. All of our Schwinn kid’s bikes are designed to fit young riders — we know that a good-fitting bike is crucial to aiding their confidence.
Visit the knowledge center to learn more about the benefits of a balance bike and how it can make a huge difference in learning how to ride.
- Best Fits Children: 28 – 38 inches tall
- Schwinn SmartStart steel frame with rigid fork features kid-specific proportions for easier handling
- 12’’ plastic MAG wheels with EVA foam tires to reduce possible punctures. No need to inflate.
- Quick release seat collar for easy saddle adjustments
- Narrow rear wheel spacing with axle guards to protect riders angles when scooting
- Ball bearing headset, with steering limiter provides smooth steering and added stability
- Included saddle handle provides convenient towing and storage.
Learning to ride made easy.
Geometry that matches a kid’s body type creates an ideal riding position, plus the lightweight frame improves control.
Kid-specific gearing gets up to speed quickly while limiting top speed, and forward-positioned cranks ensure pedaling is easy.
The seat, pedals and grips are designed for smaller bodies make it easier for the child to stay in control, while staying comfortable.