There are many other things that you can do on your own to keep your bike running smoothly, check out Schwinn’s bike maintenance guide for more details on how to keep your bike clean, lube and degrease your chain, and more.
However, if you’re unsure how to do something, bring your bike into a local bike mechanic. If you ride regularly, you should bring your Schwinn bicycle in at least once a year for a full professional tune up where complex components can be inspected and serviced properly. A bicycle in good working condition will help keep you safe on the road.
When should I call?
- If your bicycle is making noise that is abnormal and unidentifiable
- If there is persistent rubbing or sticking of components
- If your derailleur isn't working properly
- If your bicycle chain keeps slipping off the chainring
- Once a year for a basic spring tune up
- At least once a year to service your suspension
Be a courteous bike owner
- Clean your bike off before bringing it in
- Don’t leave all of your gear on your bicycle - remove saddlebags or other cargo items that may get in the mechanics way
- Give the bike shop a few days to work on your bicycle, especially in the spring when shops are flooded with requests