Let us know!
Your input makes it possible for us to send you the curated content you’re interested in. Plus, complete the short survey below, by October 31st, for your chance to win a Volare 1500 bike.
Schwinn’s 127th Birthday Bike Giveaway Official Rules
YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. MANY WILL ENTER; FEW WILL WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Schwinn’s 127th Birthday Bike Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who have reached the age of majority in their respective jurisdiction of residence. Employees, officers, directors, equity holders, agents, and representatives (and their immediate family members (i.e. parents, spouses, children, siblings and grandparents, and household members, whether or not related)) of Sponsor, its advertising or promotional agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of the Sweepstakes; their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, and prize suppliers; and any other person or entity associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Persons”), are NOT eligible. Void where restricted or prohibited, and subject to all federal, state, and local laws.
2. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in this Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Pacific Cycle Inc., 4902 Hammersley Rd, Madison, WI, USA 53711.
4. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on October 12, 2022 at 8:00am, Central Time, and ends on October 31, 2022 at 11:59pm, Central Time (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
5. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: There is NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY to participate. A purchase or payment will not increase your chances of winning. During the Sweepstakes Period, complete the short survey you received in your email from Schwinn to automatically receive an entry (“Entry”). To obtain an Entry by postal mail, simply hand-print your complete name, home address, and email address on a piece of paper and mail your completed request in an envelope with first-class postage to Schwinn’s 127th Birthday Bike Giveaway, 4902 Hammersley Road, Madison, WI 53711. Postal requests must be postmarked by November 1, 2022 and received by November 8, 2022. Lost, late, damaged, illegible, or postage-due requests are void. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt.
By submitting an Entry, you agree that it conforms to these Official Rules and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Entry and disqualify you from the Sweepstakes if it believes your Entry fails to conform. Entrants are required to provide truthful information and Sponsor will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. Sponsor will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and may also delete any entry received from persons under the age of thirteen (13) in compliance with the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and other applicable privacy legislation.
Limit: Entries must be received before the end of the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible for the Sweepstakes drawing. Each entrant may submit only one (1) Entry during the Sweepstakes Period. Only the first entry you submit during the Sweepstakes Period will be considered. Additional entries will not increase your chances of being drawn as a potential winner, and you will only be eligible to win a single prize. Entries made by any mass duplication, automatic, robotic, script, macro, plagiarized or programmed method, or through any promotion entry, notification, or related service are prohibited and will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address submitted in the Entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Sweepstakes Persons are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed, or misdirected Entries; all of which will be void.
6. SPONSOR’S USE OF ENTRIES. Submitting an Entry constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such entries in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes, as well as to waive his or her moral rights therein. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights and waiver of moral rights, which entrant is granting to use the Entry.
7. SWEEPSTAKES RANDOM DRAWING NOTIFICATION: On or around November 9, 2022, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) winner from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. For the avoidance of doubt, the content of an entrant’s Entry will not be taken into account as part of the drawing so long as such content is in compliance with these Official Rules. Random drawings will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions are final on all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Each potential winner will be notified via the email address contained within the Entry and given instructions on how to contact Sponsor through email to claim his or her prize, subject to fulfilling all applicable conditions set out in these Official Rules. Each potential winner must reply to the winner notification from Sponsor and include his/her mailing address and/or email address within forty-eight (48) hours. If the potential winner is not reachable at the address and/or email address provided and a forwarding address and/or email address is not made available, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if the potential winner does not satisfy all applicable conditions set out in these Official Rules then the prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Major restrictions apply to the use, availability or receipt of any prize. A potential winner may be required to confirm his or her eligibility and release the Sweepstakes Persons from liability to receive any prize.
8. SWEEPSTAKES PRIZE: One (1) prize will be awarded. The prize consists of one (1) Schwinn® Volare 1500 Bike (S5812), in colors black and blue. Total Verifiable Retail Value: $599.99. Winner will not receive the difference between the actual retail value and Verifiable Retail Value. No cash in lieu of any prize or prize component will be awarded except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. No substitution or transfer of prize or any prize component is permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, or any component thereof, of equivalent or greater value. All applicable federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of each respective winner, who will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final value of any prizes awarded to winner by Sponsor with a total value of $600.00 or more in a single year, as applicable. Each winner is advised to seek advice from his or her own legal or tax professionals regarding the tax implications of accepting a prize. Delivery and use of the prize is subject to the prize winner’s completion of all documentation and conditions required by law or otherwise required by Sponsor. Sweepstakes Persons are not responsible for lost or stolen prize packs.
9. PUBLICITY: Entering and participating in this Sweepstakes shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, Entry, and/or prize information in connection with the Sweepstakes for promotional, advertising, or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
10. GENERAL RULES: EACH POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION Y SPONSOR. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF ENTRANT RECEIVES INFORMATION TO THE CONTRARY, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY, AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY, HAVE BEEN VERIFIED, ALL PRIZE WINNER DOCUMENTS (AS DEFINED BELOW) HAVE BEEN COMPLETED, AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION AND DOCUMENTS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the person in whose name the Entry was made. Sponsor will send each potential winner an affidavit of eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release (“prize winner documents”) within three (3) days of notification before a prize is awarded. A potential winner may be required to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Sweepstakes will not bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sweepstakes or Sponsor, as Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion. If a potential winner fails to return the completed prize winner documents within three (3) days, or if the potential winner is ineligible, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, from all eligible entries received. By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor (whose decisions are final and binding in all respects), to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with the Official Rules, and that Sweepstakes Persons shall have no responsibility or liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) in connection with: participation in this Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, redemption, or use of any prize, component of a prize or related activities; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information; acceptance/possession, use/misuse and/or defects of the prizes awarded herein; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, internet service provider used in entering or operating the Sweepstakes; interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to entrants (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of this Sweepstakes; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects and/or any other error or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of one of the Sweepstakes Persons. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Persons from any and all liability resulting or arising from your participation the Sweepstakes, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Sweepstakes Persons, and hereby acknowledge that said Sweepstakes Persons have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with a prize.
11. DISCLAIMERS: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an un-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes for any reason, at its sole discretion, including, without limitation, if it is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other problems beyond the control of Sponsor and to award prizes from among all eligible entries received prior to termination, as applicable.
13. RULES & WINNER’S ANNOUNCEMENT: The names of each winner and/or Official Rules will be posted on Schwinn's 127th Birthday (woobox.com). The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.