If you’re unsure how to do something, bring your bike into a local bike mechanic. If you ride regularly, you should bring your Schwinn bicycle in at least once a year for a full professional tune up where complex components can be inspected and serviced properly. A bicycle in good working condition will help keep you safe on the road.
When should I call?
- If your bicycle is making noise that is abnormal and unidentifiable
- If there is persistent rubbing or sticking of components
- If your derailleur isn't working properly
- If your bicycle chain keeps slipping off the chainring
- Once a year for a basic spring tune up
- At least once a year to service your suspension
Be a courteous bike owner
- Clean your bike off before bringing it in
- Don’t leave all of your gear on your bicycle - remove saddlebags or other cargo items that may get in the mechanics way
- Give the bike shop a few days to work on your bicycle, especially in the spring when shops are flooded with requests