Teach your child to ride with confidence with the Schwinn Elm! This kids’ bike comes in three colors and promises to not only help kids learn a new skill, but to make memories that will last a lifetime.
Our SmartStart technology means that the Elm “grows” with your child — no need to buy a new bike every time they go through a growth spurt. And since we know a better fit makes it easier for young cyclists to learn, we’ve designed this kid’s bike with a lighter frame and narrower proportions.
The Elm comes with a coaster brake, hand brake, adjustable seat, and training wheels. Give your child the proper start to bike riding with a Schwinn.
- This Schwinn Elm girl's bike with 12-inch wheels is designed for children 2 - 4 years old or 28 - 38 inches tall. The Elm is perfect for riding to the park or riding on the sidewalk around the neightborhood.
- Designed with younger riders in mind, this bike includes a rear coaster brake (reverse the pedals to stop) and a front caliper brake (hand-brake like adult bikes); easing the transition to a hand-brake-only bike when they’re ready.
- With Schwinn's SmartStart Technology, this bike is designed just for kids: lighter frame, cranks and pedals are positioned forward, gearing designed for easier starting, narrower pedal positions, and smaller grips and seat.
- The adjustable saddle, seat post, and slack seat-tube angle make for easy, tool-free adjustments to allow the Schwinn Elm girl's bike to grow with your child and prepare them for a full-sized bicycle.
- The Schwinn Elm girl's bike with 12-inch wheels includes the following: training wheels, saddle handle, chainguard, front basket, and a limited lifetime warranty for as long as you own the bike. Teach your child to ride responsibly: wear a helmet.
Learning to ride made easy.
Geometry that matches a kid’s body type creates an ideal riding position, plus the lightweight frame improves control.
Kid-specific gearing gets up to speed quickly while limiting top speed, and forward-positioned cranks ensure pedaling is easy.
The seat, pedals and grips are designed for smaller bodies make it easier for the child to stay in control, while staying comfortable.